The BBBmini Kit is an optimized collection of parts and pieces to experiment with at home, school or work. It serves as community-supported development platform for developers and hobbyists.
Mirko wrote on diydrones:
“BBBMINI is for people who want to build a Linux autopilot based on ArduPilot themselves.
BBBMINI is based on a BeagleBone Black connected to a MPU-9250 IMU and a MS5611 barometer.
Both the IMU and barometer sensor can be purchased ready soldered on a breakout board by many manufacturers.”
Objectives of the project:
– DIY project, build a Linux autopilot based on ArduPilot with a minimum of hardware
– no SMD soldering required
– DIY friendly 2.54 mm pin header to connect external hardware
– connection to ground station via (wireless) LAN, or other telemetry radio
– easy start into development ArduPilot for Linux
– Great for students and those that want to get their feet wet
Features and Supported protocols
- Compatible with all ArduPilot software flavors: (ArduPlane, ArduCopter, APMrover2 and AntennaTracker).
- MPU-9250 10DOF IMU
- Digital High accuracy Barometer
- PPM and SBUS input, 12 RC_OUT PWM Channels
- UART4 & UART5 port
- CAN Bus interface
- External SPI Bus connector for additional hardware
- External I2C Bus connector for additional hardware.
- Additional ESC out connectors for X-Quad configuration.
- Dedicated HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Range Finder connector
For more information please visit GitHub: https://github.com/mirkix/BBBMINI